February 27, 2011

Not That Guy - Minecraft

If you've been following the Indy pc game scene in recent months then you'd be aware of and maybe even played a bit of the Minecraft phenomenon. 

I got hooked on it last week and in all honesty it is beginning  to dig into my studies. It is a fantastic but simple game.

So heres the concept. You are a guy, your in a  vast world of 40 by 40 pixel bricks. Everything is made of these bricks, the dirt the sand the water the rocks the trees... everything. You can mine/log/harvest anything and make it into something else which in turn you can usually make into something else. Like my profile on zombocome the infinite is possible. Oh and creeps come out at night.

















Developed by fellow who goes by the name Notch this simple but horrendously engrossing game has won critical acclaim from whom ever has played it. For my part my interest in it sprung from a pc gamer article on "Most Amazing Minecraft Creations". Its worth a look. Remember, in many instances they had to manually mine for and process the materials to make these creations. But honestly there is no limit. One person even made Arithmetic logic unit, out of dirt blocks!. (An ALU is like a mini piece of a cpu you can do basic arithmetic with it). Bloody crazy.



My endeavors are much more modest. I made a mine but it filled with lava. I built a fort under an island (which I hollowed out). And failing an awesome I took things a step up and built a small city in the sky. Complete with water fall elevator and portal to the nethers. 

So thats where Ill be for the next for weeks. Tomorrow I join an online sever so I can make creations alongside other people. 


----------
Be sure to like or share any links or videos you've enjoyed with the widget below.
FreakandNitro dot com's facebook fanpage


Your Ad Here

0 comments:

Post a Comment